This savory, tangy, sweet and earthy beet salad recipe is the perfect mid-week springtime meal. It’s easy to put together and looks fantastic on the table. The combination of the fresh beets and City Goat cheese are balanced perfectly together.
Beet & City Goat Cheese Salad
- 1 Cup White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Pound of Beets
- Zingerman’s Creamery City Goat Cheese
- Tellicherry Black Peppercorn
- Maldon or Kosher Sea Salt
- Your favorite Olive Oil
- ½ Cup of Pine Nuts (Optional)
- Fresh thyme for garnish (Optional)
- Take the beets and trim the stems off. Thoroughly scrub and wash the outside skins. Peel off the exterior skin and rinse.
- Combine ½ cup vinegar, a sprinkle of paprika, and a pinch of kosher salt in a large saucepan. Add the beets and enough water so it comes just over the tops of the beets. Bring everything to a medium simmer and cover with a lid.
- Cook the beets until tender, 30–40 minutes. You will know they are cooked when you can prick a fork through them.
- Drain and rinse the beets. Pat dry with a paper towel and let them cool slightly.
- Slice the beets and arrange them onto a serving dish.
- Season with salt, black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Top the plate with crumbles of Zingerman’s City Goat cheese.
- Then generously drizzle with your favorite olive oil. Garnish the top with sprigs of fresh thyme and pine nuts (optional)
- Serve & enjoy!