Liptauer- Our Hungarian cheese spread may help in getting you through the rest of winter.
Our Liptauer recipe comes direct from Hungary and is, for me, the perfect tonic to help get me through an icy cold winter night. Liptauer is made using our cream cheese, sea salt capers, fresh toasted caraway, sweet and hot paprika, loads of fresh crushed garlic, sea salt, telicherry black pepper and a touch of Rizzoli anchovy paste. Slathered on a thick slice of Bakehouse Rye bread and a pint of Guinness and I can easily endure another 6 weeks of winter. Click here to order.
February is Chocolate Gelato Month! In addition to our Dark Chocolate Gelato (voted best in Michigan), we’ve whipped up batches of other great chocolate flavors for the month.
- Chocolate with Balsamic Strawberries– Michigan strawberries, macerated in balsamic vinegar syrup for two days, then folded gently into our rich dark chocolate gelato.
- Chocolate Turtle- Chocolate gelato ribboned with loads of Argentinian caramel and fresh roasted Georgia pecans.
- John do Ya?- This is our version of the famous Italian combination of chocolate and ground hazelnut paste from the Piedmont.
- Rocky Ride– Fresh roasted peanuts and handmade REAL marshmallows from Zingerman’s Bakehouse blended into chocolate gelato.
- Chocolate Heat- Inspired by the great chocolates of Mexico, this chocolate gelato combines anch chile pepper, cinnamon and just enough cayenne pepper to make it adventurous.
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Sorbet- Traverse City cherries in a full flavored sorbet with handmade chocolate chips. Like a chocolate covered cherry-only icy cold.