Visit our cheese shop to pick up these cheeses and wine for your own fondue party!
- ¾ lb Edelweiss Emmenthaler cheese, grated
- ¾ lb Pleasant Ridge Reserve cheese, grated
- ½ lb Tarentaise cheese
- 1½ cup dry white wine
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 TSP cornstarch
- 2 oz lemon juice
- 1 small glass of Kirsch
- black pepper, to taste
- nutmeg, to taste
- Into a large bowl, add the grated cheeses and the cornstarch.
- Mix or toss well so that the cheese is coated with the cornstarch.
- Crush garlic clove and rub saucepan with.
- Over a moderately high heat, bring the wine to simmer in a large saucepan/pot.
- Once simmering, reduce heat to moderately low.
- Add in the cheese a little at a time, stirring CONSTANTLY. (If there is fat separation in the fondue, whisk in 1-2 teaspoons cornstarch slurry)
- After the last of the cheese has been added, add in the lemon juice.
- Add nutmeg and peppercorns to taste.
- Continue to stir constantly for 3 minutes.
- Very carefully, pour the fondue into your fondue pot (set over the burner) and serve immediately.
- Kirsch can be used mixed in for more flavor or as a toast during the meal.